Conil and its surroundings
Conil de la Frontera is a wonderful white town of fishermen set in the Atlantic seashore, in the Coast of Light, county of Cádiz. It is also an incredible destination with a wide offer of leisure and entertainment.
A beautiful village that enjoys a warm and hot weather with a tourist season that is placed all the year, from January to December you can walk along the wonderful beaches with its thin and soft sand. You can also enjoy the practice of sports such as hiking, cycling, surf, windsurf, kitesurf… and sports in the open air, gastronomic routes, photography, bird watching, cultural tours…
Along 14km of coastline, wide beaches of white thin sand and transparent water will delight all the tastes. They allow the practice of all type of water sports. In Conil, you will find urban beaches, adapted, accessible and with all the services. You will also find paradisiacal beaches, coves covered by amazing cliffs surrounded by pine trees. These ones are more relaxing and far away. If you love nature you will feel really comfortable.
Clothe shops and complements, specialized sport shops, local art galleries live all together with the local traditional businesses of a vacation destiny where you will find indispensable products to enjoy the beach, food products, drinks or souvenirs to remember your stay in Conil.
The gastronomic offer in Conil is very wide and variety with delicious ingredients, elaborations and services, with a cuisine based on the natural vegetables of the agriculture from Conil. There is also meat from La Janda, fresh fish and seafood thanks to the proximity of the harbour.
Walking by the notorious places of the city, enjoy the beaches, see the wonderful sunsets, enjoy a drink in one of the towns with the best atmosphere, mainly in summer, are some of the options that you can enjoy during your stay.
To occasional visitors, a tourist travelling alone, couples, friends and all the family, Conil is the best idea ever.
Activities and events
- Romería de San Sebastián in Conil (January)
- Carnival in Conil, Vejer or Cádiz (February/March)
- Easter in Conil (March or April)
- Toro Embolado in Vejer (Resurrection Sunday)
- Gastronomic tours to taste the local products from Conil:
- - Agriculture tour (March)
- - The Almadraba wild red tuna fish tour (May/June)
- - The “Retinto” meat tour (December)
- Spring fair of Vejer (April)
- Spring fair of El Palmar (May)
- Spring fair of “ El Colorado” (June)
- Saint Juan party 23rd June
- The fair of Conil In September
- Sunrises and sunset in front of the sea.
- Taste the wild red tuna of Almadraba.
- Try a retintos meat, speciality of La Janda region.
- Walk by the artistic old town from Vejer and Conil.
- Practice water sports and sailing, fishing, diving, surfing, windsurfing, kitesurf…
- Visit the Cabo de Trafalgar.
- Enjoy the night live of one of the best towns in the coastline of Cádiz.
- Go hiking and bird watching in the natural park of La Breña in the marshlands of Barbate.